🌱 Bulletproof Vest for K-9 Units + Snow Emergency
Hello Madison! Let’s kick off this Monday with everything you need to know about Madison today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A little snow in the morning. High: 21 Low: -4.
Here are the top 3 stories from today in Madison:
- The Madison Police Department has reached its fundraising goal for K-9 vests. Body armor will be fitted for six patrol dogs. The funds were obtained within forty-eight hours of the request for assistance from the community. The new vests are lightweight and can be used throughout the dog’s shift. (WMTV-NBC15)
- Madison police are investigating a shooting Saturday night. Police responded to the incident which occurred at the 1000 block of South Thompson Drive. The victim was found with a non-life threatening gunshot wound and police are currently investigating the cause of the incident. (Channel3000.com – WISC-TV3)
- The city of Madison declares a snow emergency while the streets are plowed. The statement will remain in place until the streets are cleared. Overnight alternate side parking restrictions are in place as long as the declaration remains active. Madison residents are encouraged to find other parking options. (WMTV-NBC15)
From our sponsor:
Today Madison Daily is brought to you in part by newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez Loan Officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Madison:
- FITNESS: Pat’s Gym Fitness Classes At the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce (00:00)
- Winter Digital Escape Rooms Week 3 At Middleton Public Library Children’s Events (09:00)
- Virtual story time At the Fitchburg Public Library Children’s Events (09:00)
- We read the story time stations At the Lakeview branch library (10:00 AM)
- General employment assistance At the Madison Public Library (12:00 p.m.)
- Chess at the library At the Lakeview branch library (6:00 p.m.)
- Virtual Book Club for Tweens At Middleton Public Library Tween Events (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Madison Audubon calls all bird lovers! Their next festival will feature excellent speakers who will discuss the breadth of ways to appreciate birds. (Facebook)
- The city government of Madison, Wisconsin is advising residents that street division crews will be clearing snow. Stay warm and safe! (Facebook)
- The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art announces the closure of modern Mexican exhibits. Stay tuned for new art exhibits! (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Madison Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You are officially informed for today! I’ll join you early tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a writer, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently co-owner and operator of content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.